Sunday, August 4, 2013

princess kate is growing up

When I woke up this morning, I had no idea there would be a major milestone in the Robertson family.


Our church has a nursery for children aged eighteen months to three years.  Nursery takes place the second and third hours of church and when a baby goes to nursery for the first time (especially your first baby) it's kind of a big deal.  Usually it means two hours of freedom for the parents.

Katelyn is just a bit older than fifteen months so we were not expecting to take her to nursery for another three months.  But today after Sacrament meeting, I was asked if I would accept a calling in the nursery.

Which meant Kate went to nursery for the first time today!

I wondered how she would do in there with all the bigger kids but SHE LOVED IT!  We walked into the room and she gave me a look that was if to say, "You mean to tell me that there is a room full of toys and friends and you've been making me go to Sunday School?!?"

I was a little worried about how she would do with some of the more structured times of nursery.  Sitting still isn't something she's known for.  She thought singing time was great though.  After every song, she clapped and clapped and clapped.

Snack time was also a great success.  She loved sitting at a little table in a little chair with all her friends.  She didn't even try to get down or dump out her sippy cup of water.  You could tell that she really thought she was cool stuff sitting at the big kids table.


 I think Kate is going to get used to this kind of Sunday fun.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! And so good of her to put on her best behavior. We're currently in primary - while at first I dreaded it, now I'm like 'why would I ever want to sit through Sunday School?!' Besides the soft chairs, only plus.

    ReplyDelete